Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I've been "Challenged"

Last nite while out on the golf course I got this text from my sister telling me to check my email. Well when I got home I did just that! But before I go any further I should tell you that I faithfully check out her blog that I so much enjoy. She has a cottage on the water where she spends her summers and of course the sewing machine and quilt supplies go everywhere she goes.....needless to say she is busy busy quilting and stitching away and i have had a quilters block and have had no motivation to even get at my quilting projects so yesterday when i checked out what she has been up to, I replied by telling her I was counting on her to inspire me to get back at it!






Well it worked! She challenged me to an hour at a time ....me setting the time and calling her and together we would work on quilt blocks. I replied with a message that I would call her at
6:00 a.m. my time and we would begin, and that we did! Ok we cheated a wee bit! we were having so much fun that we spent 2 hours on the phone together talking , cutting, ironing, and sewing. And just look what I have to show for it!
My first block for my Winter Wonderland quilt! I'm so excited! Thanks, Sis! Love ya!
















4 comments:

  1. Oh it was my pleasure! You see it made me get back to my blocks too...encouraging others is contageous. Thank you! Lets do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way , what in the world did you do to that pic of you and I? Do I really look that short and wide? You must have dragged it shorter somehow, because we both look much shorter and you know what happens when you get made to look shorter? Yup, you look wider. When I click on the picture to enlarge it, you get the correct proportions thought so I know it was not just my imagination...phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I forgot to tell you how nice your block looks. I can tell there are leaves in the dark red print...how fitting seeing that it is the maple leaf star. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL....I'm still laughing! You are right we do look awfully short and a bit wider! ha ha off to try and fix it up! and thank's again.It was great. Can't wait till we can do it again! Keep watching! You never know. I'm on a roll now....

    ReplyDelete

always good to hear from fellow bloggers...thanks for your comment